In the caffeine infused madness of the work day, it’s easy to forget to stop and take a moment to breathe. Here is a simple one minute technique to reset your mind and fuel creativity.
The Square Breath
- Sit in a quiet environment (or at your desk if you can’t get away)
- Inhale while slowly counting to four
- Hold your breath for the same count of four
- Exhale, again slowing counting to four
- Hold your lungs empty for a count of four
- Repeat as many times as you like
In essence, you want to create a square with your breath. As you do this, try to focus as much attention as possible on the act of breathing. Afterwards, thank yourself for taking a minute to reorient yourself to your body and the present.
If you liked this post, please sign up to our newsletter and get our free ebook The Dharma on Accomplishing Anything.